Sunday, November 29, 2015

Sunday 12:30 pm

Dear Family and Friends,

There is an indescribable feeling of celebrating liturgy with the tomb of Oscar Romero prominently watching over the worship space. 

After Mass we gathered around his impressive tomb, I reached my hand out and as my palm made contact with the metal encasement I felt a power surge through my body and tears filled my eyes.  I was overwhelmed by this strong physiological reaction. I was caught in my own little world for that moment, though hundreds frenetically moved about me I was frozen and the world fell silent.  A moment later I snapped back to the reality of the present. And we moved toward the bus.

What was that moment? I reconcile it to be an experience of the communion of saints of El Salvador reaching through the thin veil to touch my hand.

The priest spoke to us after liturgy thanking us for our presence. He shared that simply being here does something for the cause of justice!  Well Father, it does good for my soul too.

Con mucho emociones buenos,

Sarita 

No comments:

Post a Comment