Monday, November 30, 2015

Monday 8:40 am

Dear Family and Friends,

I am standing at the wall of memory and truth where the names of those disappeared and murdered during the civil war are etched into the stone. 






It is deeply reminiscent of our own Vietnam Memorial Wall.  There is stillness and sadness here but there also is hope! Names remembered with flowers and letters. One letter from a grandson to his grandfather ... I find myself wondering how old he is ... Did he know his grandfather? Does he only know him through story? How many people and families come to remember? 

I am so aware that this war happened in my life span. While I was a child of the 80s playing with my glow worms and Care Bears the children of the 80s in El Salvador were witnesses to death and despair. I have so many questions ... So few answers ...

We are being summoned to regather ... I shall sign off for now.

Con fe,

Sarita


No comments:

Post a Comment